The Faculty focusses on the following research ﬁelds:
• Sustainability in planning and design (environmental design)
• Architectural theory and form generation
• Planning and urban design with its diﬀerent sub-topics.
• Housing studies. The Faculty is currently involved in two research projects:
• Preparation of a structure plan for Damazeen and Russaris. In collaboration with Habitat International and Blue Nile State.
• Evaluation of National Housing Fund performance.
• The Faculty recently ﬁnished a 3-year joint research project with Reading University sponsored by DeLPHE. The research evaluated Sudanese construction industry, women participation and future outlook.