The Faculty of Architecture approved in 2007 is the result of the progression of the department at the Faculty of Engineering .The department was established in 1957 and graduated its first batch of four graduates' in1961 with a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
In 1971 the department settled into its new buildings at the University of Khartoum Central Campus, which is situated on the west bank of the River Nile
Four departments form the Faculty:
Department of Design,
Department of Urban Design and Planning
Department of Construction Management and Economics
Department of Housing